Wednesday, 5 March 2014

10 Things To Do Instead Of Smoking Cigarettes

For this 2 week project I had to design an illustrated A3 poster suitable for display in Girl's Secondary Schools (11 - 18 years old). The main objectives of the brief was to integrate ten visual elements and to make the letterforms part of the design rather than just adding them in afterwards.

After a few thumbnails and sketches I came to this dress pattern idea and sixties, psychedelia style lettering. I decided to make the majority of the final piece using card and a craft knife and hand cut the dress and letterforms to be stuck to the darker board.



I decided to use minimal in the piece to make it bolder and eye catching so I mixed gouache to the same colour as the darker board and painted in the ten visual elements onto the dress to create the 'pattern'.

(This is just a quick photo using my iPhone, I'll upload a high res scan soon)

I think I could have developed this project further with more time but I am quite happy overall with the final piece that I produced in the two week timescale.

- Martyn

No comments:

Post a Comment